domenica 30 ottobre 2011

English Exercise

"Looking back"
Exercising your English
Are you getting enough exercise?
What about your English?

This is Gabriella, a former Cambridge ESOL student at Loughborough College, in the heart of rural England.

What can we learn from her learning experience?

"I moved to the UK in 2007, where I studied English at Loughborough College for over a year.
Cambridge ESOL offered me a 'Skills for Life' course, which included basic skills such as numeracy and computer skills - abilities needed in every-day life."

"Learning English in a native English speaking country allowed me to practise in the real world with other speakers of English, both native and non-native.
I shared my experience with other students from different countries and cultural backgrounds."

"At first, living in a country where you have difficulty communicating with others is very frustrating, but after I learned basic English, I was able to cope alone with things like shopping or asking for information - even talking on the phone."

"Cambridge ESOL exams prepared me for essential necessities in the use of English language such as writing a CV, being interviewed, making a complaint and writing a letter to a friend."

"Now I live in Catania again but I have gained much more confidence and autonomy through learning English, and I enjoy travelling and visiting my new English speaking friends."


Loughborough Technical College, UK (click to enlarge)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento